User Experience Designer
RISE. are delighted to be working with a leading EdTech company who specialise in providing ebooks for universities and schools across the UK and internationally on Web, iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
You will be working together with Product and Development in cross-functional project teams, covering all the phases from user researcher, content and functionality requirements, information architecture to journeys, wireframes, prototypes, final UI designs, development overview and usability and optimisation testing.
You will be working in cross-functional teams with product owners, developers, scrum masters and QA, as well as with other designers.
- Working with analytics
- Conducting user interviews and usability sessions
- Performing task analysis, contextual enquiries, getting insights, etc.
- Doing competitor analysis, bench-marking, etc.
- Synthesizing research findings into user journeys, maps and other UX working documents
- Collaborating with Marketing on tone of voice
- Collaborating with Product on expected functionality and requirements, and user stories
- Working on Information Architecture
- Ensuring accessibility
UI & Interactions
- Creating flows
- Final UI designs
- Working with developers to ensure design and interactions quality
- Collaborating with Marketing on promotional campaigns for the projects
Measuring & Learning
- Optimisation work (A/B testing, heat-, scroll-, click-maps, etc.)
- Usability testing of existing products
- 2-4 years’ experience as an in-house or agency UX Designer
- Examples of work that illustrate both the process and the results
- Degree in UX, HCI, Graphic Design, Psychology or another relevant subject would be a plus
- Skilled in the usual design and prototyping tools
- Experienced at working as the sole UX representative within a scrum team
- Ability to explain your design thinking to all members of the team
- Working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
- Understanding of the front-end development (HTML, CSS, JS) to collaborate with developers
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Flexible working
- Pension Scheme
- 23 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence